Sunday, June 25, 2006

Cache

Shadi and I watched the French film, Cache (or "Hidden") yesterday with mixed reviews. I thought that it was an excellent movie up until the end when I was left extremely unsatisfied. Also, I had been quite excited about the movie since reading various reviews that proclaimed it one of the best movies of they year. Add to that the class of Daniel Auteil and Juliette Binoche (who still looks amazing - do French women take a class in elegance?). The acting is outstanding and the issues dealt with by the film are extremely appropriate and I was defending the film against Shadi's complaint that it was too slow until the movie suddenly ended. The director has said that those who leave the movie unfulfilled in the way I was have missed the point of the movie - maybe that's true but maybe you can get the point ( which I think I did with the benefit of all the reviews etc.) but still feel that the story arc had not been satisfactorily completed.

I would be interested to know what people thought of the movie.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anononononymys said...

umm..sorry, never seen it, although sounds like a good psychological thriller.

Another one to watch out for, came out this ween in England is: 'Hard-Candy' (its supposed to be really good!).

Also, I understand that this has nothing to do with ur current entry...but do u remember a book called :'The Seige of Mithila'? I think its yours and I got my hands on it last weekend when I needed something to read! So as assuming that you do know what the book is about, this author has 5 other similar books (based on different phases of the epic-Ramayna). So my question is: Have you got any other book by the author: 'Ashok K Banker'. If not I am going to buy them from here..very interesting read!!

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sir, i saw it a while back. I didnt find it desperately easy viewing, although i enjoyed trying to work out what was going on.

Many people, critics included, were left confused and lost by the last scene. I didn't think it was too slow though. I completely misread the last scene, and apparenlty didnt spot what you were seeing, so back for another viewing i'm afraid.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home